Fergus Gardiner, Founder of HSC CoWorks + an English and Modern History Teacher, outlines the secret to writing a strong HSC Essay in this video and also highlights WHY essay writing is a critical skill for students to develop at school and take with them into the next stage of their life.
How can students write a strong HSC Essay?
- Eat the Frog – watch the video below to find out more 🙂
- Have a Strategy and Plan for your essay – Students need a process to follow and at HSC CoWorks this is the Essay Building Template, an essay plan which deals with HSC outcomes and gives students the structure to write their essay
- Click here to view our Texts and Human Experiences Essay Building Template.
Why is the skill of essay writing important?
- Understanding and using language effectively is a critical skill which is needed beyond a student’s school years.
- Developing the skill of essay writing at school gives students the capacity to write and express their ideas.
- Writing is an understated behaviour and has been challenged in the “digital” world which our children have all become accustomed to. Our mission is to engage students in reflective thinking and improve their ability to communicate with other people.
Watch the video below to find out more!
HSC CoWorks provides HSC support for students across our Mosman, Bondi Junction, Chatswood, and Dee Why locations. We are also able to provide support to students across NSW virtually!
Our Navigating the HSC series provides parents and students with the knowledge they need to navigate their way through the HSC.