JOIN THE MARKING TEAM
Applications for experienced remote HSC Markers are now open
Currently seeking experienced HSC Markers for all levels of English and for Visual Arts.
WHO WE ARE
Our goal is to develop students into becoming independent learners who have developed strong characteristics such as persistence and a growth mindset, allowing them to reach success in the HSC and at University.
We do not provide endless content, rather, we support students to improve their thinking. We want students to reach their own solutions and insights and take ownership of their HSC year and outcomes. One way we encourage students to do this is through the submission of a range of tasks, including short exam style tasks, essays, essay plans, short answer questions, source tasks, major works and depth studies, through our online Portal so they can receive meaningful feedback from our experienced remote team of HSC CoWorks Markers from around NSW. As a member of this remote team you will help students to hone their understanding of content and improve their skills in planning and responding to assessment and examination style questions. Our markers are crucial, playing a pivotal role by guiding students towards their HSC Vision. They read student work and provide feedback and encouragement, which is then reviewed by the student so they can continue to make progress.
- This is a remote position so you have the flexibility to work from wherever you like. All you need is access to a computer and a stable internet connection.
- All marking is done electronically through our seamless marking system.
- Set your own hours! Markers have the flexibility to choose to do their marking in and around their other life commitments. There is no set minimum quota of tasks that have to be marked, but we expect that markers will pitch in to help cover the load in busy periods (like the weeks leading up to the Trial exams and HSC)
- Competitive marker rates. Markers are remunerated fortnightly and paid per marked task.
- Improve your skills by marking work submitted from students who attend schools from right around NSW.
- Incentives and bonuses, such as our Quarterly Raffle Draw.
- A supportive team of colleagues and guidance from our Education Performance Manager who is available to answer questions and guide you through the marking process.
- You have experience as a NESA HSC Marker (or equivalent)
- You have a minimum of 5 years Stage 6 Teaching Experience in your subject area
- You are skilled in providing feedback to students that encourages them to do their own thinking rather than providing them with answers and shortcuts.
- You have a basic proficiency with technology, in particular, word processing applications.
- You have or can obtain your Working With Children Check
- You get excited by reading our core values & believe they apply to you (see below)
- You love helping young people come to their own solutions
- You are a passionate educator and enthusiastic about working with students going through their HSC journey
- You are a team player
I enjoy the marking I do with HSCCoworks. I find the ability to slot it in when I have some spare time a convenient way to maintain an onngoing connection with my senior subjects when my work is mostly casual.
I look at it as professional development. You can do as much or as little as you like which is an important factor for me.
Students benefit enormously by gaining access to experienced HSC markers from a diverse range of educational settings.
They get the opportunity to take risks with their answering and make mistakes with the only consequnce being the expectation of positive feedback.
Unite in Vision
HSC CoWorks is an organisation built on Vision. A company vision, employee visions, student visions. A person in Vision has a contagious energy and enthusiasm which motivates everyone else and builds a tribe of team members, students and parents who can and will change the world for the better.
Create WOW Moments
WOW! I mean…WOW! At HSC CoWorks, everything we do, we aim to create a WOW moment! To WOW you must differentiate yourself which means doing something a little unconventional and innovative, you must do something that is above and beyond expectations. Whatever you do, you must have a positive emotional impact on the receiver. People will forget what you said and how you said it, but they will never forget how you made them feel! A WOW moment will be remembered forever 🙂
Curiosity is such a powerful, important factor in today’s rapidly changing world, with curious people reaping benefits in all areas of life. Naturally curious people have a never-ending desire to learn, grow themselves and remain open to new ideas and ways of thinking. By being curious about how the world works and how current events link to students’ learning you have a much greater chance of creating WOW moments and positive interactions.
HSC CoWorks is a coaching organization focused on improving thinking. We do not provide information, because information is in abundant supply (school, textbooks, internet), however there is a desperate shortage of quality thinking. Because everyone’s brain is different and shaped by every single experience they have ever had, coaching with the brain in mind is the only way to generate real insights and create a truly personalized learning experience.
Leadership from Everyone
Is the leader born or can leadership be taught? While this will be a question for years to come one thing we do know is that operating as a leader to oneself in the first instance and to others in the second is the key to delivering results.
Committing to getting the job done well is leadership. Taking risks to WOW our customers is leadership. Acknowledging your colleague on a job well done is leadership. Showing determination in the face of adversity is leadership. Standing up for what you believe in is leadership. Leadership has little to do with titles or status but everything to do with the actions you take.
Stretch & Challenge
Stretch and challenge is the life and soul of HSC CoWorks. All the magic we are working to create can only happen with stretch and challenge, when we take that step outside our comfort zone. Stretch and challenge means you are willing to stretch and challenge yourself as well as other coaches and students. Through stretch and challenge we can build respect and results with our students and teams!