In conjunction with the launch or our new Achievement Badges we also have two challenge badges for students to work towards over the summer break with our December Christmas Badge and our January Summer Badge. To earn these badges, the target is a modest 500-point target which is highly achievable for all students and an important step towards making the most of an extended period away from the school classroom.
While it is important students take a break to recharge the batteries after a long and challenging 2020, it is equally important that students use these holidays effectively to prepare for their final three terms of schooling. Students who don’t allocate at least a part of their summer break towards preparing for a big 2021 will be left playing catch up from the first term starting in late January. Most students will quickly move into assessments and exams early into Term 1 so at a minimum these two Challenge Badges should be earned by all students.
Challenge #1: The ‘Christmas Badge’ will be awarded to students who generate 500 points between December 1st and December 25th. Students will also earn 10 BONUS MARKING CREDITS towards Trial Exam submissions in July/August.
Challenge #2: The ‘Summer Badge’ will be awarded to students who generate 500 points from the 1st of January to the 31st of January. Students will also earn 10 BONUS MARKING CREDITS towards Trial Exam submissions in July/August.
Students can earn points towards these two ‘Challenge Badges’ through:
- Coach initiated collaborations during sessions (25 points per collaboration)
- Submission of challenge questions in the Challenge Feed for feedback from the marking team (20 points per challenge question)
- Submission of draft essays (100 points per essay)
- Submission of Essay Building Templates (100 points per Essay Building Template marked ‘complete’)
- Submission of Short Answer Questions (30 points per set of questions)
- Source Tasks for English, Modern History, Ancient History and Visual Arts (75 points per submission)
- Multiple Choice Questions (3 points per correct answer)
- Mind Map Pad uploads – 20 points per mind map
- Planning Pad uploads – 20 points per mind map
- Depth Study uploads – 100 points per Depth Study
Achievement badges have proven to be a highly effective source of motivation and engagement for students to work towards as they make their way to the top of Mount HSC with these two achievement badges also providing the extra reward of additional marking credits for use later in the year.
Check out our Summer Study Guide for suggestions on what students should be working on over the summer break and how they can earn 500 points and achieve their Summer and Christmas Badges.
We wish all HSC CoWorks families a relaxing and restful holiday period and look forward to seeing all students achieve these two challenge badges as part of their preparation for a big 2021.