HSC Tuition Programme
Enrol now to start in Term 1 2017
Are you looking for a HSC tuition service that will:
Start GUIDING & PREPARING your child for the HSC from Year 11?
SUPPORT your child with their assessment tasks, essays and provide MOTIVATION & ACCOUNTABILITY throughout the HSC journey?
DEVELOP your child into an INDEPENDENT operator who is ready for challenges post HSC?
HSC Programme Details
- Receive expert support and coaching from our Coaches & Teachers around their current subject challenges.
- Receive support preparing for specific assessment tasks which the school sets for them or upcoming exams by practicing tasks with expert support available to them.
- Complete Planning for upcoming assessments and exams. Students will work with the Coaching Team to prepare for upcoming assessment tasks and plan for success in a subject using the Student Portal planning tool. The HSC CoWorks team will guide a student towards the right planning for a subject, what tasks need to be completed for success in a subject, when should they be completed and who can keep them accountable.
- Develop their time management and study techniques. Many students come to us overwhelmed with the amount of work that needs to be completed and in such a short timeframe. We will work with students to ensure their study habits are efficient and they are managing their time effectively.
These sessions are an opportunity for students to achieve a solid amount of work regardless of other commitments. The majority of our students play sport or participate in extra curricular activities. We aim to ensure that in the 3 hours per weekend that students are at HSC CoWorks, they are making serious progress in their subject performance.
Students at these sessions work towards upcoming assessment tasks/exams, gain support from our expert team and complete challenging tasks which will prepare them for the exam room.
The five hours a student spends at the HSC CoWorks office each week should be considered the most valuable hours of HSC preparation each week and therefore should not be used for completing tasks which can be completed at home without any support required. Our staff will support students move away from tasks such as homework, taking notes, researching and reading and into the tasks which are both well intentioned AND effective.
- Build essays using our Essay Building Templates.
- Submit written work in a range of subjects for marking by our HSC experienced marking team. By giving students access to these experts throughout their HSC journey students have the opportunity to improve their writing, clarify their understanding and receive invaluable support.
- Complete short answer & multiple choice in over 15 subjects.
- Create a plan of action for each subject using the HSC CoWorks Planning tool which includes lists of recommended study tasks.
- Assign Coaches to keep them accountable to completion of tasks.
- Message the Coaching team at anytime.
- Review their performance and overall progress.
By giving students access to these experts throughout their HSC journey students have the opportunity to improve their writing, clarify their understanding and receive invaluable support and advice from the very people who have marked the HSC examinations.
We encourage students to submit work throughout their HSC campaign so that our team of markers can provide support and direction on how to improve their writing before an assessment task or exam.
As so much of a student’s HSC success is focused on performance in the exam room, we encourage students to consistently submit their responses to exam style questions throughout the year.
The Study Burst sessions are in addition to the Weekend Support Sessions and are an opportunity to get additional work completed, with no distractions. The Performance Coaches will also recommend these sessions to specific students who are in need of an additional boost in performance.
The session is less about individual coaching support and more about keeping students accountable to completing the important tasks recommended by HSC CoWorks for a successful HSC outcome.
We also send a weekly newsletter targeted at parents and students, educating them on the different stages of Mount HSC, upcoming events, as well as invaluable information on study techniques and strategies for HSC Success.